Wednesday, December 18, 2013

beneath the cubists surface

For this project my main insperation was me trying to disect how a cubists mind worked. I figured that cubists take away the flowing soft forms of objects and replacing it with sharp shapes and angles. So i created that process of taking away soft, for sharp.
I started this project as just a simple water color, but when i began to paint one of the hands i mess up very bad. So natrually i cut every thing up into sperate peices. Then i glued the peices onto foam board and began to layer them, but it looked to crowded.
So I built a box, then drapped fabric around the sides to create a stage like feel to it. The first picture shows the colors better, but the second picture shows the depth of the box, and is a more high quality picture


No comments:

Post a Comment