Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Gemini near its orgin

One weekend I was watching a documentary on siamese twins, and became fasinated. I started sketching some ideas on how i could properly show the distortion of the human body, through siamese twins.

Then after i found a sketch that I liked, i outlined it on a wood plank, and began painting




Then i forgot to take pictures for a while, but i added in the chest and shirt

I learned how to forshorten in this peice, and that was something that was always so scary to me, but with Mrs. Rossie's help, i was able to understand more how to show lights and darks to represent different distences.
I also learned a lot about color, how to use colors that compliment each other, and how IMPORTANT LIGHTING IS. i still don't really understand lighting... but im getting there.

I also used a dremel tool to carv out the eyes and mouths to give the painting depth. 
 I loved working on this piece and I leanred a lot about how to work with new matirials (painting on wood) and how to really step out of my comfort zone (i.e GO BIG OR GO HOME) or whatever.


No comments:

Post a Comment